OraSure OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test
No doctor’s appointment? No problem.
OraQuick® is the first FDA-approved in-home test for HIV-1 and HIV-2. It’s an oral swab test that doesn’t require blood. This test utilizes the same HIV oral swab diagnostic technology that healthcare professionals have used since 2004. With the OraQuick® In-Home HIV Test, you can take the first step toward learning your HIV status, and regularly test without needing to schedule a doctor’s appointment.
When should I use this test?
- This test can detect HIV infection if used 3 months after a risk event. Using this test earlier than 3 months since a risk event may not produce an accurate result
- If you test within the first 3 months, you should test again 3 months after the risk event.
When should I not use this test?
- To make decisions on behavior that may put you at increased risk for HIV
- If the tamper-evident seal has been broken or if any of the package contents are missing, broken, or have been opened
- If you are HIV positive, or are on treatment or preventative treatment for HIV
- If today’s date is after the expiration on the outside of the box
- If you are age 16 or younger